Digital India is a campaign launched by the Government of India on 1st of July, 2015 in order to transform India into a complete digital country.
It is an initiative planned to digitally empower Indian society by integrating the government departments and leading companies (national or international level).
The main purpose of digitizing this country is to make available all the government services at easy reach to the citizens of India. There are three key vision areas of this programme which are:
- Digital infrastructure all through the country is like a utility to the Indian people as it will make available high speed internet delivering all the government services with ease and fast.
- It will provide lifelong, unique, online and authenticable digital identity to the citizens. It will make easy access to any online services like handling bank account, financial management, safe and secure cyber-space, education, distance learning, etc.
- High demand of good governance and online services will make available all the services in real time through digitization. Digitally transformed services will also promote people for doing online business by making financial transactions easy, electronic and cashless.
- Digital empowerment of Indian people will really make possible of digital literacy through universally accessible digital resources. It will enable people to submit required documents or certificates online and not physically in the schools, colleges, offices or any organization.
Digital India programme has been implemented by the government of India to ensure following aims of this initiative:
- To ensure the broadband highways.
- To ensure the universal access to mobile phones.
- To facilitate people with high speed internet.
- To bring e-Governance by reforming government through digitization.
- To bring e-Kranti through electronic delivery of services.
- To make available online information for all.
- To ensure more IT jobs.